Home: About the LLC
LLC serves to unite and empower Latino students and student organizations at the University of Texas at Austin through communication, leadership, action and education for the advancement of our community.
1. Strengthen and unite Latino student organizations on campus
2. Promote the understanding of our culture and history and how it is linked to social issues
3. Serve as the central point for the collection of ideas and concerns
4. Provide a vocal outlet for members of our community
5. Provide a space for dialogue and debate
6. Encourage communication within the Latina/o community, including student organizations, faculty and staff, and the greater Austin area community
7. Offer resources and assistance to Latina/o organizations in accomplishing their individual goals
8. Promote awareness of campus issues and leadership and scholarship opportunities
LLC Community Meeting’s occur every two weeks (6 times a semester) and is a time where all organizations send a representative and community members meet to work on community building, community issues, and to discuss upcoming events. The meetings for fall 2010 occured every other Monday at 6pm in the MIC located in the SSB at the UT.